What Facebook’s Social Jobs Partnership means for you…
After taking some time to review Facebook’s new social jobs partnership app, I’ve come to the conclusion that it’s not going to do much for anyone… which sounds harsh so here’s why:
- It just aggregates jobs from different job board (US.Jobs, Monster, Work4Labs, Jobvite & Branchout)
- It doesn’t give the candidate/user anymore options that the traditional job boards besides being able to share on directly on Facebook (which many job board (and JXT’s job board technology) can already do
- It’s an app – so I can’t see the average user going out an searching for this app unless there became a link on your newsfeed/home page to view jobs?
- The location functionality is a simlp zip code or entering in keywords so it’s not really going to work for use out here in Aussieland.
- Can’t post jobs through Facebook you have to go through one of the above mentioned job boards
It’s a nice idea, but I think what people really wanted to see what a job board with similar functionality/availability to the old Facebook marketplace… but alas that is not what we are getting. grr.